Thursday, July 15, 2010

Luke and His Drums



Wow. We must be crazy, but Luke got drums for his birthday! About six months ago we made a deal with him that he could earn a set with his good behavior. At the time we were dealing quite a few tantrums and mood swings, so I never really imagined this day would come. Sure enough though, he's been behaving really well and reminding me with every, "Yes Ma'am" that he was earning his drum set.

Fast forward to his birthday...one of the things we did when I took the day off to celebrate with him was take a trip to pick out his drum set. He could hardly stand the excitement of it all. It took Leo two days to put it together fully, but alas it sits proudly in our garage!

Every day Luke goes out to play it...and play it loudly! One of the things I'm looking in to is drum lessons for him. After all, if he's going to play, it might as well sound decent.

The best part is that I still have leverage for his good behavior. Drums are a privilege ...one that can be taken away if a tantrum or disrespectful behavior pops up. Honestly though, Luke is growing up so much. One of the things I love most is the fact we can talk and have real conversations about things. Luke is really turning in to such a young man. I don't know where the last five years have gone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment