Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Luke's 1st Day of Kindergarten!!




Yesterday was certainly a momentous day at the Padron household. Luke started kindergarten. I don't know who this day meant more to...Luke or mommy!

I woke early to spend some quiet time in reflection of how much my life has changed and been blessed over the past 5 years. I simply cannot believe I will have three children in a five year span! As I thought back at the first time I laid eyes on Luke in the hospital, I simply could not hold back the tears. Thankfully, by the time I had to wake him up, I'd regained my composure. The last thing I wanted was to project my feelings on Luke.

At 6:30, I went in to Luke's room and woke him up with butterfly kisses all over his back and our "good morning song." He was excited to get dressed in his new clothes and get ready for his first day at kindergarten.

At 7:15 the whole family loaded up in the car to take Luke to school. We took pictures and were greeted at the front door by teachers with stickers and treats. Once in Luke's classroom, he found his cubbie and hung up his backpack. He sat down at the table where his name tag was taped and Ms. Wilcox gave him some play dough. At that point he told me I had taken enough pictures and it was ok to leave. I hesitated briefly, but knew that was my cue. He was happy and confident and ready to start his day.

After Christy came to pick up Noah, I went to meet a few of my other mom friends whose children were starting kindergarten for a "Tears and Tea" breakfast at Starbuck's. I spent the rest of the day working, but watching the clock and thinking about what Luke was doing that day...snack time, lunch time, pick up time!!

At 2:30 I picked Luke up and he was so excited to tell me about his day. He had lots of arts and crafts and worksheets to show me. He received a green smiley face which means he had a good day! When I asked him what his favorite part of the day was, he said, "Everything!" He also told me that he gave the "I love you" note that I had left in his lunch box to Ms. Wilcox for being such a nice teacher. :)

All in all it was a great first day and a great way to start Luke's school days. I'm happy, proud and sentimental. My first baby boy is growing up!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment