Sunday, January 2, 2011

Welcome Baby Cruz!




It's a good day to have a baby!! We're up early and ready to head to the hospital. We're running a bit late, but I'm not worried...it's going to be a great day - one that I will never forget!!

We're scheduled to be at the hospital at 7:30. Sharon, will be there by 8:30 to take our "before" pictures. At 9:30 we'll be in the operating room waiting to meet our new baby boy!!

PTL everything went exactly as planned. Christian Cruz Padron was born at 10:15am. He weighed 6lbs 9oz and was 18 3/4 inches.

I'll never forget those moments waiting for Cruz to be born...it seemed to take forever! Finally though, the words I'd been waiting for from Dr. Roberts..."Get your camera ready...we're about to have a baby!" Right after was a beautiful cry...a loud, long baby cry." Relief! Sweet relief! The baby was healthy and strong, turned a beautiful shade of pink, and scored great on his Apgar test. Cruz came out of the womb sucking his fist. Everyone assured me he would be a great eater...and he was!

The nurses cleaned Cruz up and Leo got to put on his first diaper. They swaddled him tightly and handed him to Leo who brought him over to the operating table so that I could see him. My initial thoughts were that he looked a lot like Noah...who happened to look a lot like Luke! All my boys had the exact same nose that's for sure!

After the initial birth and knowing everything was as it should be I couldn't help but think about how blessed I was, how much God loves me and how grateful I was for my beautiful family of five! It's going to be a crazy, wild and blessed life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment