Friday, July 31, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Noah



Today is my baby's birthday! I've had such a reflective morning. I got up at 5:00am for my quiet time and as the clocked ticked 5:50, I thought back to one year ago today when I met my sweet Noah boy for the first time. Wow...has it really been a year...that's so cliche, but it really is what I was thinking.

Thinking back over all the events of the year I couldn't help but fight the tears. It's been a roller coaster of ups and downs. From the joyous day of his birth...to two weeks later when he developed pyloric stenosis and almost died...to the extreme gratitude of the next several months of good health...to the disappointing news of plagiocephally...to the fun of watching my "Little Love" hitting all the first year milestones like sitting, talking and walking.

If there's one emotion that washes over me it's a deep thankfulness for this precious life that has been given to me to nurture and love here on this earth. Certainly, nothing I've ever done is deserving of the blessing of being a mother. As his name means, Nathaniel Noah, is my gift of comfort and peace. He is nothing less than a gift from my heavenly Father who loves me beyond what I deserve.

So today, I have a happy, humble heart as I remember all the miracles and blessings of the past year.

No comments:

Post a Comment