Sunday, November 21, 2010

Harvest Tea at the Arboretum



It's become a tradition...when Niki visits, we always go to high tea at the Arboretum. It's such a fun, girlie thing to do and we've both come to really enjoy it.

This time of year is Harvest Tea. The butternut squash soup is delicious!! It's my favorite soup served out of all the teas. We had apple spice tea with this course. Next we had a variety of tea sandwiches: banana bread with cream cheese, cranberry orange with turkey, and my favorite, cucumber sandwich!! With this course we had peach tea. The service closed with a sinful variety of desserts: pumpkin tarts, black forest brownies, my favorite pecan bars and their world famous scones served with clotted cream and jam. MmmmMmmm!

Even better than the food is the company and fun memories Niki and I are making. I love having my family here...especially at the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment