Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Luke's first day of PRE-K!!







Awe...I'm feeling proud and a little sentimental this morning...it's Luke's first day of PRE-K!!

Gosh, he has been really looking forward to this day. He was excited to see his new class room, which is upstairs this year and decorated in a robot theme...he was excited to meet his teacher, Ms. Kristin...but most of all he was excited to see all his old buddies!

Last night Luke was so funny, he said, "Mommy, I am going to wake up really early in the morning because I'm SO excited to go to school." Then, this morning he said, "Mommy, will I get to do homework today...homework is fun!'' Ha! I wonder how long his excitement for homework will keep up?

Anyhow as I walked him in to the school he stopped and talked to every teacher about his new back pack, new lunch box, the fact that he was now four years old and a bunch of other stuff...I literally had to pull his hand and drag him away from continuing to talk. He is such a little chatter-box sometimes!!

When we finally got upstairs to his classroom he found his cubby with his name, hung up his backpack and put up his lunch box. He then found a seat at the table and started the daily activity that's always waiting on the tables...today it was threading yarn through beads and boards. Fun stuff for a four year old!

I went over to tell him goodbye and he hardly looked up at me. I asked for a kiss and he hesitated, but ended up giving me one reluctantly. This is probably the last year I will get away with kissing him in front of all his friends. {Tear} Actually, though, this is what we raise our children to be...independent ...and not needing us. I'm proud and I'm a little sad all at the same time.

I wonder now what Luke is doing and I can't wait to pick him up and hear all about his day. Let's just hope that little Noah makes it...we won't be home until around 2:00 and that is about an hour past his nap time.

No comments:

Post a Comment