Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Horton Hears a Who


Right now Luke is learning about the letter "E" in school. Today they read Horton Hears a Who at school and made "E"lephant "E"ars to go along with the book. I LOVED Horton Hears a Who when I was a kids, so I especially liked this project.


When I asked Luke about the story, he told me all about the lazy Mazie bird who didn't want to sit on her egg until it hatched...and what a good friend Horton the elephant was for sitting on it for her. Then, when the egg hatched, it was part elephant and part bird.


I think this weekend we'll go to the library or book store and look for the "Horton" series. Luke loves reading and going to the book store...and I love going with him...so much fun watching him learn and grow!!


On another funny note...Luke's teachers at school just LOVE him. Apparently he's quite the well- behaved boy. They absolutely do not believe me that he throws tantrums at home...they think he's the cutest, funnies, most well-mannered boy ever!


Today, they told me that during chapel, as Ms. Lezlie was telling them about how Abraham and Sarah traveled around as God instructed them without really knowing where they were going. They asked the kids what types of things Abraham and Sarah might take with them...this is when Luke piped up and said, "everything but the kitchen sink!" Now, I don't even say that phrase, so I'm not sure where he heard it, but it was pretty funny!


When going to the bathroom, he also asked the teacher if she would go get him a book! OMgosh...she was cracking up as she told me about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment