Tuesday, April 2, 2013

For The Picnic Table...

I need to share an amazing testimony! Last week at our garage sale a man wanted to buy our patio table, but didn't have cash on him. I told him we would keep the table in the backyard and he could come by Friday to pick it up. Friday came and we missed the man. Easter Sunday afternoon we heard a knock on the door. It was the man ready to get the table. Leo helped him load it up, but then came in to ask if the man had paid me at the garage sale? I said, "No. He didn't have cash and was going to come back to pay & pick it up." Leo asked me to come outside and talk to the man because he thought he paid. As I was speaking to the man he was sure that he paid me. As I thought back, I wondered if perhaps I had forgotten or was confused...after all it was a busy day and I could have easily made that mistake. Taking my "mommy brain" and general lack of sleep in to consideration, I could not with 100% certainty say that he had paid. With that, I admitted to the man that perhaps I was wrong, to go ahead and take the table. I wished him a Happy Resurrection Sunday and told him to have a blessed day. I felt completely at peace with the situation and hadn't thought about it since.

Until 5 minutes ago. I heard a gentle knock at the door and wondered who it might be, since I wasn't expecting anyone. It was the man's wife standing at the door. When I opened the door, she handed me an envelope and said that she and her husband had been praying about it. She said, "The Lord would not let Bill sleep. he truly thought he had paid but couldn't get it off his mind. Here is the payment. Please forgive us and thank you for being such a gracious witness of Jesus forgiveness of debts. Your blessing will be great. Love in Christ, Pamela & Bill."

Let me tell you, I have chills right now and am warm from the inside out, at the same time. "What you have done for the least of these, you have done for me." I feel as if I just stared in the face of Jesus himself. Praise the Lord for such an unexpected encounter & encouragement!

No comments:

Post a Comment