Monday, October 15, 2012

Luke's 1st Day of 2nd Grade




It's 2012 and my first baby boy is 7 years old and in 2nd grade. It simply does not seem possible.

Luke is excited about 2nd grade because he has the same teacher that he had in kindergarten, Ms. Wilcox. She is a wonderful Christian lady who is anointed with the gift of teaching. We found out she was moving to 2nd grade and requested her immediately...and we were so happy to find out Luke was in her class again.

On his first day, as is our tradition, I took a few pics of Luke outside on the front patio with his "All about Me" sign. It's just a little questionnaire that I ask the boys each year to help us remember what their favorite things were. I'm so blessed that Luke still says his favorite thing to do is, "Love on you mom," and that his favorite person is still, "Mommy."  I also traced his hand on construction paper so one day when he is a grown man, I can look back and remember how small his hands were when he was a little boy.

I'm so proud of my honey bunny. Watching him grow and learn is such a privilege and being his mom is an honor.

No comments:

Post a Comment