Thursday, April 14, 2011

Spring Baseball 2011 - Luke Hits a Grand Slam!!





Well Braves Fans, Spring baseball season is off with a bang!

Luke is really doing well this year - he hits a home run almost every game! Actually the whole team is doing well! We're winning more than we're losing...and that's saying something considering last year all the kiddos were newbies. This year Leo is an official coach and I do believe he's having as much fun (if not more) as Luke!

This last game was a nail biter. The bases were loaded and Luke missed the first coach pitches. I yelled to him from behind home plate, "You've got this one Bubba! Hit a home run for Mama!" And, the next hit off the tee was just that - a GRAND SLAM home run!! Luke ran around those bases as fast as his little legs would take him. And, when he rounded home plate, he looked up to see me jumping, and yelling and cheering ...all with a sleeping baby Cruz in my arms!

I can't completely express in words to the look of joy and pride in his face. Those chunky little cheeks were lit up with a smile from ear-to-ear! And, to top things off, he was given the game ball!

I think I've come to accept that we are a baseball family and that this is what we will be doing for the next 18 years. I'm officially, ALL IN -- I have the hat, the shirt the bleacher chair ...and the boys! And I do LOVE my boys!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment