Thursday, May 6, 2010

An Early Mother's Day Gift from Luke



I was so touched today to when Luke came out to the car from preschool and handed me this little vase with a tissue paper flower inside and a Hershey kiss in the center. There was the sweetest poem on the outside, titled "Wonderful Mother."

God made a wonderful mother,
a mother who never grows old;
He made her smile of the sunshine,
And He molded her heart of pure gold;
Her eyes he placed bright shining stars;
In her cheeks fair roses you see,
God made a wonderful mother,
And He gave that dear mother to me.


Oh, I get a little bit scared when I think of Luke going to kindergarten next year. Will he still make sweet little projects that speak of God's love? Will he still be directed to keep his eyes focused on heaven? I know that I'm raising Luke to go out in the world...to be the salt and the light...to bring Jesus to those who don't know Him...but, I'm I can't help but be concerned about sending my little lamb in to the world.

I suppose all moms feel this way and I know that God will protect Luke. In the meantime, I'm treasuring every last precious day of Luke's preschool experience. So bittersweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment