Thursday, May 12, 2011

Noah's End of Year Music Program at LAP



Monday night Noah performed in his end of the year program at LAP. I was incredibly sentimental that night watching him sing and dance. For one, it was only last year that Luke was performing there and now he's such a big boy, in kindergarten, reading and writing. Secondly, I will never forget how close we came to losing Noah as a baby after his surgery for pyloric stenosis. Every milestone, every music program, every day is SUCH a blessing with him in our lives.

The night ended with more sweet memories, as the teachers made us an entire, full-sized binder filled with pictures of Noah throughout the year. Seeing him last fall, looking like so much of a baby, made me realize just how much he's grown this year! My concerns about the teachers understanding what he was saying, transitioned in to whether or not he would ever be fully potty trained, and are now shifting again as I wonder how much he will miss the wonderful teachers who have become such a big part of his life.

We are blessed in so many ways, it's honestly overwhelming and incredibly humbling. I think all those thoughts were what caught me off guard and made me so emotional.

Next week is the last week of school and I'm organizing the end of year party with a special treat for each of the teachers. There's really no way to thank them enough for pouring out their lives in to my sweet angel all year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment