Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Noah's Graduation 2013 - Learning Academy Preschool


I honestly can't begin to put in to words how a mother's heart bursts with emotions on a night as special as a preschool graduation. The journey for each of my boys has started at Learning Academy Preschool when they were just two years old...barely talking and still in the trenches of potty-training. Today 3 years later, we are at the end of our pre-kindergarten year. Where has the time gone? 


I wanted Noah to feel especially handsome on this day, so I bought him a fancy button down shirt and fresh pair of khakis. In typical Noah-style, he refused his dress shoes because they hurt his feet and opted for his bright yellow and black, dirty sneakers.


When we arrived at school, we spotted his graduation sign out front, on the lawn. We stopped for a quick picture, then made our way inside. I dropped Noah off with  his class and took my seat in the chapel. As we waited, a slide show played with picture of all the graduates. I will admit that when Noah's name and cap & gown picture flashed across the screen, a few tears escaped.

Each class sang two songs. The grande finale included all the classes together singing about graduation. Each word full of meaning & memory about all the children had learned over the years.



Finally - it was time for the diplomas. As Ms. Sherry called, "Nathaniel Noah Padron" I thought of all we have been through in Noah's life. Each moment a treasure and gift from God. He accepted his diploma from his teachers and paused a moment for a picture.



And that was it. The perfect ending to a perfect night! Not a day goes by that I don't thank God for my sweet angel sunshine! So truly, deeply blessed to be his mother.





No comments:

Post a Comment