Friday, February 25, 2011

ROPER Award



I had a great morning at Luke's school this morning watching him win the ROPER award!

When I walked in, all the kids were filing in to the lunch room as "We will, we will rock you!" blasted from the speaker. They excitedly slapped their legs and clapped their hands to the beat.

I wheeled Cruz in the stroller around to where Luke's class was sitting. He was so surprised to see me! I loved seeing his face light up and hearing him say, "Mommy!"

When they displayed the ROPER winners on the screen Luke exclaimed, "I won! I won!" He proudly went up to the front of the stage and accepted the award from Ms. Speicher, the principal. Then, as all the kids exited the stage, they ran through the "tunnel of fame" where the teachers lined the isles, clapping and cheering!

The assembly ended by saying the Texas Plege of Aliegance as I snapped one final picture of Luke with his award!

Congratulations Honey Bunny!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment