Monday, June 10, 2013

The Difference Between Mud and Dirt!


Today is Monday and all the boys are home with me. It rained yesterday...I'm talking a downpour right before church! Although we praise God for the rain in June in Texas - and love the way our gardens grow after - I do NOT like the resulting mud that lingers for days. Nothing attracts mud faster than a little boy...especially a Noah-boy!

Today, on more than one occasion, I've had to let the natives...I mean wild-dogs...I mean little boys...yes, I mean precious little boys from God, outside. You just can't keep a boy inside all day. It's not natural. It's not humane.

Each time, I've carefully instructed Noah to stay out of the mud - and each time he's returned covered in it.

I am not exaggerating when I say this boy gets dirt in places I didn't even know existed. Between the toes, you might expect. Behind the ears, for sure. Under arms, butt-cracks, up the nose and completely around the eyes - you bet!

This last time I let Noah in I asked him, "What is the ONE thing I told you to stay out of?"  He just looked at me with a sheepish grin, then a roll of the eyes, then batting his eye lashes he said, "Mom...this isn't mud - it's DIRT!"

With that, he hopped in the shower. I guess this girl learned something new today!

No comments:

Post a Comment